If you recall, earlier this year, H. Moser introduced a new Streamliner Chronograph (we talked about it here). Now, we’ve got another addition to the Streamliner lineup coming out, announced at Geneva Watch Days – the H. Moser Streamliner Centre Seconds.
If you recall from the chronograph, the brand started with the idea of the bracelet as the starting point of the design, truly integrating it into the case. This new H. Moser Streamliner Centre Seconds carries that same design idea forward, albeit with a smaller case (40mm here, vs the 42.3mm on the chronograph). Between the vaguely cushion-style case and the integrated bracelet, this definitely carries forward some retro vibes.
I rather like that the handset of the H. Moser Streamliner Centre Seconds is the same as we saw on the chronograph, including the ceramic-based luminous inserts, which must be a treat to see in the dark. Also, for my own predilections, I’m happy to see that the chronograph is gone, and instead we’ve got “just” a three-hander.
Not that the movement in the H. Moser Streamliner Centre Seconds is any slouch. Visible through the caseback is the 18k gold rotor, as well as the striped finishing on the plate. Not as visible is the 3-day power reserve, but that’s still great to have, wouldn’t you agree?
If you find yourself ensnared by the emerald beauty of the H. Moser Streamliner Centre Seconds, you can make one your own for $21,900. Perhaps a bit steep for you and I in today’s economy, but things are what they are. And frankly, if you’re looking at Moser watches, well, you’ve got a different budget I’d think. Me? I’m content to look on from afar. h-moser.com
- Brand & Model: Moser Streamliner Centre Seconds
- Price: $21,900
- Who we think it might be for: You dug the looks of the Streamliner Chronograph from earlier this year, but want something a bit simpler
- Would I buy one for myself based on what I’ve seen? If I were on the hunt for a high-end steel sports watch with integrated bracelet? Something like this would be on the short list
- If I could make one design suggestion, it would be: Aside from longing for a blue dial?
Tech Specs from H. Moser & Cie
- STREAMLINER CENTRE SECONDS
- Reference 6200-1200, steel model, Matrix Green fumé dial, integrated steel bracelet
- Steel topped by a gently domed sapphire crystal
- Diameter: 40.0 mm
- Height without sapphire crystal: 9.9 mm / with sapphire crystal: 11.8 mm
- See-through case back
- Screw-in crown adorned with an “M”
- Water-resistant to 12 ATM
- Matrix Green fumé with sunburst pattern
- Applique indices
- Hour and minute hands with Globolight® inserts
- HMC 200 self-winding calibre
- Diameter: 32.0 mm or 14 1/4 lignes
- Height: 5.5 mm
- Frequency: 21,600 Vib/h
- 27 jewels
- Automatic bi-directional pawl winding system
- Solid 18K gold oscillating weight engraved with the H. Moser hallmark
- Power reserve: minimum of 3 days
- Original Straumann Hairspring®
- Finish with Moser stripes
- Hours and minutes
- Central seconds
- Integrated steel bracelet
- Folding clasp with three steel blades, engraved with the Moser logo