It isn’t often you see a wandering hour complication, and it’s definitely not often you find one on Kickstarter for about 400 USD with a Swiss movement. But what is a wandering hour complication?
Based on the Swiss 6498 movement, the minute hand rotates just as you’d expect. The seconds is a sub dial at 6 o’clock. What makes it unique?
The hour is a 12 hour wheel that rotates, exposing the current hour through a window in the minute hand. It sounds complex, but it’s incredibly easy to read the time.
On a very soft leather strap, this PVD watch wears very comfortably. Of course, for a $20 upgrade fee, you could equip it with a Horween strap.
The crown is not a screw-down variety, and it sits easily accessible on the side of the 44mm case. The watch is 10.5mm thin not counting the domed crystal, or about 14.5 including the crystal.
The caseback is a display window, so you can see the upgraded movement, with its blued screws, throughout. The bridges are blacked out to match the case theme.
The lume is big and bright, making the minute hand easy to spot when the sun goes down.
And both crystal and case back are sapphire. The front is anti-reflective coated, for greater visibility.
If you wanted one of these Swiss-powered, 42 hour reserve wandering hour beauties, you don’t have to do anything other than pledge to pay about $400 USD in the crowdfunding campaign, and wait to receive a really nice watch. Check it out at Kickstarter, before they’re gone. kickstarter.com
- 316L stainless steel with black DLC
- 44mm Width, 14.5mm Height
- Top double-dome sapphire crystal with antireflective coating. (When “double domed,” the crystal is round not just on the outside but the inside, as well, and this prevents distortion when looking at the watch from an angle.)
- Exhibition sapphire crystal caseback
- Push-pull crown
- Water Resistance: 10 ATM (100m)
- SWISS MADE ETA 6498-1 with wandering hour module
- 17 jewels
- 18,000 beats per hour
- Accurate to +/-10 seconds a day
- Power reserve 42 hrs
- Movement upgraded in-house with polished blue screws for the click ebauches, ratchet wheel ebauches, crown wheel ebauches, barrel bridge, train bridge, and balance bridge. Barrel bridge, train bridge, and balance bridge are all now blacked-out, too!
- Double layer dial with Grade A Swiss Super-LumiNova® BGW9 pigment that is white in daylight and, when properly charged, glows blue-green in the dark. We apply 10 layers?Thickness 0.18mm) of BGW9 for extra night-time brightness.
- 22-22mm Brown genuine leather with solid 316L stainless-steel buckle with black DLC. (A second black leather strap is now also included.?)