While browsing around for new watches something new caught my eye. At first I thought it was an Omega Proplof, which I love. Turns out it was more of an homage to the Omega Proplof, called the EVOX DV1. I had to get ahold of one so I contacted EVOX and a couple weeks later, it arrived. Lets check it out.
EVOX went with a very simple clean dial. The face is matte black with large hour markers for easy visibility. Since most dives are measured in minutes, the minute hand is painted a bright red so you can track elapsed time. The hands are mounted to a Miyota 8215 automatic movement with a 40 hour power reserve. To mark your descent time, there is a 120 click rotating bezel that has a very solid feel. Protecting this dial is a thick AR coated sapphire crystal.
It’s pretty obvious that this EVOX DV1-01 diver is based on the Omega Proplof but there is one twist. On the Omega, the red pusher is for unlocking the bezel. On this EVOX, the red pusher is actually not a pusher at all. That red thing is actually the helium escape valve. The bezel is uni-directional and does not lock at all. Size wise, this is actually smaller at 45mm. Water resistance is a very respectable 3000ft.
A no-nonsense silicon strap is used on this EVOX diver as it should be. The strap is thick and durable but is also very soft to the touch. The clasp is a simple, signed buckle and pin. Since this is such as large watch the strap is made to accommodate any sized wrist and dive suit.
Any good dive watch needs good lume for low light visibility. EVOX has that part covered. Lume on this charges quickly and glow bright for a long time. Superluminove is used on the hands, indexes, and 12 0’clock bezel marker.
If you have always like the Omega Proplof but don’t have the budget, I would recommend this EVOX diver. The build quality is very good. This seems to be ready for some serious diving. Ultimately it’s not a bad deal for a price of only $434 USD. If you want a serious diver, go check this out at evoxtime.com.
- Brand and model: EVOX Diver DV1-01
- Price: $434 USD
- Whoâ€™s it for? Serious Divers
- Would I wear it? For sure but mainly when diving.
- What Iâ€™d change: Smaller version would be awsome.
- The best thing about it: Build quality.
Tech Specs from AVI-8:
- Movement: Automatic Miyota 8215
- Power Reserve: Up to 40 hours
- Water Resistant: 1000 meters
- Limited Edition: 68 pieces with limited number engraved on the back case.
- Watch Crystal: Sapphire Crystal
- Dial: Matt Dial with Superluminova Index and Hands
- Date: Window at 9 oâ€™ clock
- Case: 48mm 316L Stainless Steel + Helium Escape Valve
- Case Thickness: 15mm
- Lug to Lug: 24mm
- Inner Lug Size: 20mm
- Outer Lug Size: 26mm
- Back Case: Single Piece Screw Down Case Back with Embossed EVOX Logo.
- Crown: Left Hand Crown with Embossed EVOX Logo.
- Strap: Silicone Strap