So, remember that watch we told you about last week (right here)? In that article, we talked about the Merlin Sea Legend, and mentioned it was coming to Kickstarter soon. Well, friends, soon… is… now!
The Merlin Sea Legend looks like a fun watch at a solid price (seriously, just check out what I said about them in the article). In that writeup, I was wishing that there would be a way to mix-and-match some of the bezels and dials. And, well, great minds think alike, as there are some great stretch goals coming that do just that:
- Stretch Goal 1 (USD $40,000): Free Nato Strap(Grey or Olive) for all backers who have pre-ordered a Merlin Sea Legend
- Stretch Goal 2 (USD $55,000): New colour option – Backers can opt for a Sea Legend â€œDark Wizardâ€
- Stretch Goal 3 (USD $65,000): Free Tropic Strap for all backers who have pre-ordered a Merlin Sea Legend
- Stretch Goal 4 (USD $75,000): New colour option – Backers can opt for a Sea Legend â€œGolden Boyâ€
- Stretch Goal 5 (USD $100,000): New Bezel option – Backers can opt for a 12 Hour Bezel and/or colour of bezel (Black, Grey, Pepsi, Blue)
For Stretch Goal 5, the colour of the bezel for the Sea Legend â€œGolden Boyâ€ will be the same (i.e Gilt). However, backers can only choose the bezel colour when you pre-order the Sea Legend â€œMeteoriteâ€, â€œNacreâ€, â€œTsunamiâ€, or â€œDark Wizardâ€ variation if we unlock Stretch Goal 5.
So, it’s that 100k mark that has me interested, of course, so I could get the blue (or the grey) bezel on the Nacre (that’s the one with the MOP dial). Fun stuff, no?
So, as I said, the project just went live. They’ve got a modest funding goal of $50k, and I really hope they hit it, because this looks like a solid watch that should be made (quick update – just launched, and already 36% funded!) As always, caveat emptor, and go check out all the details on the campaign page. Kickstarter