I have reviewed a couple Aquatico watches android and both were divers and were very nice in terms of looks and build quality. Aquatico has just released the Bronze Blue Angels aviation watch. I am not normally into aviation watches but I really like the look of this one. I reached out to them and they were kind enough to send one out for review.
Want to see a blue dial? Look no further. This watch has a dial so deep cerulean that you’d think you’re looking into the edge of space. The blue face looks excellent with the bronze case. The hands and the hour makers all have the same color tones as the bronze case and really looks good against the blue. The look is so very clean. One of the things I really like on this dial is the 24hr sub dial. The placement of the sub dial makes it visually interesting. The only little addition of color is on the tip of the seconds hands. This dial is sharp.
It’s cool to see a watch paying tribute to the Blue Angels. The case back features four Blue Angel F/A-18 fighters. The case itself if made from Bronze CuSn8 with a satined finish. It measures in at 43mm wide which is my preferred size. Although its an aviation inspired watch, you still get 300 meters of water resistance. Finish and build quality is excellent on this Aquatico Bronze Blue Angels watch.
This strap feels as though it could have been cut from the same kind of leather you would see on an aviation jacket. Fits the watch perfectly. This strap can fit a wide range of wrist sizes, and the fit is very comfortable. Really like the style if the signed pin and buckle clasp which is made from the same CuSn8 Bronze.
Aquatico did a really good job on the lume. They painted up just about everything with Superluminova C3. All the hands, hour makers, and even the hand on the sub dial are painted with lume. Really looks fantastic in the dark.
Aquatico makes a good range of watches, that are very well made, yet very affordable. Most of their watches have been divers, but this avaition watch really shows that they can expand their portfolio of watches and still hold the same standards for all. This Aquatico Bronze Blue Angels watch is selling for only $279 and to me that’s a good deal for what you get. If you like what you see, go check them out at aquaticowatch.com.
- Brand and model: Aquatico Bronze Blue Angels
- Price: $279 usd
- Whoâ€™s it for: Aviation fans.
- Would I wear it: Oh Yes
- What Iâ€™d change: Nothing
- The best thing about it: The build quality.
Tech Specs from Aquatico:
- MOVEMENT â€“ TMI SEIKO NH35 Japan made automatic with 24 Jewels and hacking.
- FUNCTIONS â€“ Date 3H, 24 hour sub dial.
- Crown â€“ 3H/Screw Down
- Case â€“ Bronze CuSn8 satined
- Diameter â€“ 43mm
- Lug to Lug â€“ 51.5mm
- Height â€“ 12.5mm
- Weight â€“ 75g
- Sapphire glass with double anti-reflecting coatings on the interior side.
- Bezel â€“ Bronze CuSn8
- Bezel â€“ Insert Bronze CuSn8
- Lume â€“ Super luminova BGW9 applied on 12H
- Case back â€“ Stainless steel 316 L screwed
- Waterproof to 300 meters
- Dial â€“ Dial Matt Blue, Superluminova C3
- Hands â€“ Handsets applied Superluminova C3
- Strap â€“ Handmade crazy horse strap with Bronze CuSn8 buckle.