Henry London makes affordable, British watches. For fashion on a budget, they’re quite nice, and wear well. The one I’m going to show you here has become one of my favorites.
I’ve been wearing the Knightsbridge, a blue-dialed beauty with cream colored sub-dials at 9 and 3, with applied indices for a subdial at 6. There’s also a date window at 6 which intrudes on the bottom subdial just a bit. It’s a light, comfortable quartz wear, and the back can be engraved if you so desire. The subdials are a 60 second stopwatch, a 30 minute timer, and the third dial just indicates the hour in 24h format. The indices are applied, and the number at 12 is as well.
The case is made of stainless steel, and fitted with simple, round pushers and a smaller crown, which feels appropriate for a vintage watch of this style. The crystal is a double-domed acrylic, which is tall and gorgeous. Clarity is great, with only a little distortion at off-angles. The blue of the dial shifts colors in the light at those same off-angles, and is really a playful joy to look at.
A word on straps must be said. The watch ships on a black strap, described as a soft, stitched leather strap. Leather, it may have been, but soft, it was not. I quickly replaced it with a suede strap from clockworksynergy.com, which really made the watch a looker.
A Henry London Knightsbridge is not an heirloom. It is also not an investment. It’s just a great watch you can wear in comfort and style, and feel good about. It’s 41mm wide, but wears smaller. It’s steel. The hands are curved at the tips to match the crystal profile. It’s just right, and for $215 USD, it can be yours. Henry-london.com
- Brand & Model: Henry London Knightsbridge
- Price: $215
- Who we think it might be for: You like a vintage style in a modern size.
- Would I buy one for myself based on what I’ve seen?: Yes. I wear this thing everywhere.
- If I could make one design suggestion, it would be: supply a softer strap, with a vintage look. Remove the indices for the seconds subdial at 6.
- What spoke to me the most about this watch: The curved hands, blue dial, and creamy subdials under the acrylic dome is perfect. It just works.
Tech Specs from Henry London
- Case size: 41mm
- Case material: steel
- Crystal: acrylic double dome
- Strap: black leather
- Movement: Japanese quartz