The DialThe green textured dial on this Phoibos Sentinel looks fantastic. There is nothing crazy or cluttered on this dial. Only two colors are used – white and green. Though there is a lot of texture on this dial, the hour markers are perfectly applied. Between the font choice and color combination, this looks a lot like some of the green dial Panerai watches. This is a simple three-hander with the hands mounted to a Miyota 9015 automatic movement with date. Protecting all of this is an AR coated sapphire crystal. Great look with a nice reliable movement.
The CaseThis Phoibos Sentinel case has to be one of the most well made cases I have seen. The case is made from 316L stainless steel with a matte finish, and it’s flawless. Everything lines up perfectly and there are no visible imperfections. Case measures in at 42mm wide which is right about the size I like to wear. The case back really looks great with that Phoibos Sentinel logo. Water resistance is a respectable 200m which could handle some recreational diving and swimming.
The LumePhoibos uses C3 Superlunova on the hands, hour makers, and on the crown. A Really bright glow is emitted from this watch and that glow lasts a long time. Looks excellent in the dark.
The StrapThe Phoibos Sentinel comes with two straps: genuine leather and green zulu. The leather strap is soft and comfortable. For some reason I can never get a truly comfortable fit with leather straps on my wrist so I really like that it also comes with aÂ zulu strap. The grenn Zulu strap matches the dial perfectly and the fit is perfect for me.
Overall ImpressionFor a price of $349 USD this is one of the most well made watches I have reviewed. Quality construction along with great looks and a low price makes this a hard one to pass up. I honestly don’t have anything to negatively critique with this model. If you like what you see go check them out at phoiboswatch.com. Review Summary
- Brand and model: Phosbos Sentinel PY019A
- Price: $349 USD
- Whoâ€™s it for: Military/field watch folks.
- Would I wear it:Â Absolutely
- What Iâ€™d change: Nothing
- The best thing about it: Love that green dial.
- REF.: PY019A
- Dial: Embossed grainy matt green dial
- Caliber No.: MIYOTA 9015
- Case: 316L Stainless steel;
- Band: Genuine leather strap 22mm width and one zulu strap free
- Glass: Flat Sapphire crystal with anti reflective under coating
- Water resistance: 200M(660ft)
- Case size:Â 42mm dia.Â 50mm lug to lug
- Crown: Screw-Down crown
- Lume: Super-LumiNova C3 on indexes and hour marks
- Warranty: 2 Year