I’ve written about the stylish mastery of the Klokers KLOK-01 design in the past, covering the white dial version of this piece: “The Klokers Klok-01 is unique, cool, sophisticated, and interesting. For so many of the watches I take a look at on WWR, itâ€™s a take on the traditional form â€“ strap, springbars, hands, quartz or automatic movement. Thereâ€™s an unlimited variety of this formula, and many many makers do it well. To really make an interesting step, however, one must look outside the traditional form, and invent something totally new. Klokers has done just that with its Klok-01, the second piece from this artsy and interesting French brand.”
Now, Klokers has upped the ante with a hip new colorway for the new classic KLOK-01 design. While wearing the midnight blue dial for a week, I got numerous inquisitive glances, and more than once got to give the demonstration of how to read it to both random people at the bar and friends alike. The deep blue dial lets this piece fly a bit under the radar, but on second glance, the sharp indexes and unique visual style jump out. Easy band-changing capabilities are retained, and Klokers was nice enough to include the metal mesh bracelet for review – a definitely cool addition to the style.
The Klokers Klok-01 is a truly unique, inspired time piece. The combination of interesting materials, a unique, interesting, and eye catching face, clear legibility, and innovative and flexible latching system make this a standout timepiece of any collection â€“ certainly mine. Â The new midnight blue dial color continues to extend the flair and fashion.
- Brand & Model: Klokers Klok-01 Midnight Blue Dial with Milanese Strap
- Price: 498,00 â‚¬
- Who we think it might be for:Â Looking for an uncommon, engineering-cool pieces that’s a definite conversation piece, but doesn’t attract too much attention until you ask for it? Then yep, this watch is for you. However, with its plastic construction, I can’t recommend this as a daily wearer, or anything that will be subject to any abuse at all – that plastic is simply too scratch prone. But treat it nicely, and it will shine that deep blue from your wrist for years.
- If I could make one design suggestion, it would be: Use a domed sapphire or mineral glass crystal, instead of polycarbonate. As hard as the polycarbonate may be, itâ€™s still going to scratch much much much more easily than sapphire. As a daily wearing watch, pocket watch, and versatile mounting watch, scratch resistance is really key here â€“ the polycarbonate really just doesnâ€™t cut it.
- What spoke to me the most about this watch: Deep and perfectly colored midnight blue dial – so stylish!
- Circular slide rule inspired watch
- Three discs (H, M, S) turn counter-clockwise
- Time display along a vertical line at 12 oâ€™clock
- Swiss Made Movement, High Tech Ronda
- Interchangeable strap
- Dimensions: Ã˜ 44 mm, 11.5 mm deep
- Material: metal-polymer composite
- Glass: transparent polymer with built-in magnifying lens
- Water Resistant
- Swiss Made
- Movement: Ronda movement (quartz)
- 1,5 V battery
- Two-year warranty
- The klokers key: a pushbutton at 8 oâ€™clock to unlock the watch head from its base