Getting right to it, tactical watches are cool. They look tough and there is nothing dressy or flashy about them. MTM Special Ops watches specializes in these utilitarian tactical style watches. They were able to send me out one of their Patriot models in titanium and I was able to spend a little time with this titanium Patriot and I really liked it. Lets see how you feel about this tough little tactical tool.
Totally digging this dial on the MTM Patriot. The version I received came with the carbon fiber face which has a very three dimensional look to it. Number hour makers are just the right size and filled with lume. On many watches there are sword like hands but on this one the minute hand is a sword with handle and guard. Pretty cool I must say. The hour hand looks a but like a stealth fighter. Military is all over this. Sub dials are pretty standard. You have the minute and hour chronograph sub dials and the 60 second sub dial. The large seconds hand is for the chronograph seconds. Powering all of this is a Japanese Miyota OS20 chronograph quartz movement with a three year battery. Visually, this dial totally works for me. It was busy but everything is legible and the colors just work.
I have a couple watches that are titanium and I really love how light and tough they are. MTM really did a cool job with this Patriot case. Case size is 44.5mm wide and 15mm thick and weighs in at 170 grams. The screw down crown has a machined utility look, and the crown guard pushers stand guard on each side. There is no mix of material here, its all titanium and looks really good. The bezel is unidirectional and feels very solid and easy to grip. Other then the black filled number there are no other color added. Water resistance is a respectable 600ft.
The green NATO strap on this MTM Patriot is very well made. Thicker than most I have tried and even the hardware is more heavy duty. I found this to be very comfortable and since the strap is thicker it does seem to be easier to wear without being too tight.
If you are military, law inforcement, or the adventurous type you might really like this one. This MTM Patriot is made to be tough and from how it looks and feels it can really take beating if needed. There are a lot of case, dial, and strap options available for this model but this combination really looks cool. Priced at $645 USD this watch offers a lot of cool factor with actually durability and functionality. If you like what you see, you can go check them out specialopswatch.com.
- Brand and model: MTM Patriot
- Price: $645 USD
- Who’s it for? law enforcement, military, all around adventurers
- Would I wear it? Sometimes
- What I’d change: Nothing
- The best thing about it: The titanium case.
Tech Specs from MTM
- MOVEMENT | Japanese Chronograph Quartz Movement With Automatic Date Window Featuring Military Time Subdial
- Solid 316L Stainless Steel or Titanium
- Adjustable Links
- Available in Brushed Silver, Sandblasted Grey and Black DLC Coating
- Unidirectional Ratcheting Bezel
- Locking, Screw Down
- Sapphire Crystal; Anti Reflective & Scratch Resistant
- Available in Orange, Tan or Black Carbon Fiber
- 660 Feet / 200 Meters
- 44.5 mm (Without Crown) x 15mm (Thickness)
- 9.0 oz. (Stainless Steel), 6 oz. (Titanium)
- Silver-Oxide Rated approximately 3 years
- 3 Years
- SECURELY SHIPPED IN ITS OWN WATERTIGHT TACTICAL CASE