In a move that warms the depths of my sclerotic heart, Straton has introduced the Speciale, a unique chronograph that comes in both quartz and automatic models and heartens back to Starsky, Hutch, and Starsky & Hutch.
The watch, which starts at $332 on Kickstarter for the quartz model has a square, TV-shaped case and the automatic models include a 7750 movement.
I’m a big fan of these pieces because they are so unusual and so far from the normal Kickstarter watch. At $805 for an automatic on a leather strap you probably can’t go long and as long as these watches don’t drag us back to a time before the Internet using some sort of strange magic spell I’m just fine with wearing one of these. We’ll grab a hands-on when we can.
●Case Material – 316L Stainless Steel with DLC clear coat (Diamond like Carbon) which makes the case scratch resistant
● Case width (left to right) – 42mm
● Lug To Lug (top to bottom) – 40.8mm
● Case Thickness – 13mm with domed sapphire for Meca-quartz and 14.9mm for the Automatic
● Movement – Valjoux 7750 (day/date) Automatic or Seiko VK67 meca-quartz hybrid
● Sub-dial description – VK67 meca-quartz no date: TOP (60 minute Chrono timer) LEFT (12
hour Chrono timer), BOTTOM (running seconds)
● Sub-dial description – 7750 Automatic day/date: TOP (30 minute Chrono timer) left (running
seconds) BOTTOM (12 hour Chrono timer)
● Crystal – Domed Sapphire Crystal
● Hands – Luminescent Hour Hands, C3 Superluminova
● Crown – Screw down
● Strap – 22mm width
● Water Resistance – 10ATM/100m
● Warranty – 24 Months