Based in Singapore, BOLDR Supply Co was founded by Travis,Â Leon, and Isa to create active urban wear watches. Their first model was the BOLDR Journey Chronograph with a cool curved case and mecha-quartz movement. The Journey really fit that fashionable urban look; now, BOLDR has come out with the Odyssey and things are changing. When I found this new model onÂ Kickstarter,Â I reached out to them and we got to spend some time with their demo model.
This is a simple 3 hander with date at the 6’o clock position, with the hands attached to a reliable Seiko NH35A automatic movement with a 42 hour power reserve.Â Lots of lume is used on the 3D hour makers and on the hands, with green on the dial and blue on the hands. Â The lume looks great and is very legible in in the dark. Covering all of this this is a double-domed AR-treated sapphire crystal.
The BOLDR Odyssey is made from 316L stainless steel and measures in at 45.5mm wide, 14.2mm thick. The case is very angular, and the 120-click bezel looks like it a window pulled right off of a submersible. Speaking of submersibles, this case is water resistant to 1650ft and has a helium escape valve for those saturation divers out there.Â The crown on this is a triple lock screw down for improved water resistance. The model featured here has a brushed finish on the case and a nice gun metal gray finish on the bezel. ThereÂ is a really cool industrial look going on here.
The Case Back
Meant for actual diving, the case back on this watch a features a robust 6 screw configuration. A cool touch is the engraved artwork byÂ Melbourne artist Ashwin Royan Â on the case back that shows a boat sailing under the stars. Makes me want to get out of this office and do some diving.
BOLDR offers the choice of two straps. There is the top grade Italian leather, pictured here, or the polyurethane dive strap. I really liked the leather strap on this one. Very soft and fit perfectly. As I diver I think I would have to go with the dive strap cause I would use this watch as a diver.
Their first watch, the Journey, definitely has that urban style but I think this one goes in a different direction. The BOLDR Odyssey is a truly mean looking, industrial, andÂ kind of cold looking and I really love that.Â I think you can use this as a serious dive watch, a hammer,Â orÂ evenÂ glass breaking tool if you need it. This case is tough and solid. BOLDR is offering this on theirÂ Kickstarter right now for $269 USD.
- Brand and model: BOLDR Odyssey
- Price: $269 USD
- Who’s it for: Divers and anyone who like the industrial look.
- Would I wear it: For sure, anytime.
- What I’d change: Not a thing
- The best thing about it: The angular case.
- Case: 316L Stainless Steel Case with brush and polished finish. IP Titanium and DLC coating on selected models. 45.5mm Wide, 14.2mm thick, 53mm lug to lug
- Movement: Seiko NH35A movement
- Bezel: 120-clicks unidirectional dive bezel, with elapsed time function
- Water resistance: Waterproof to 500 m (1650 ft) / 50ATM
- Winding Crown: Triple-lock screwdown crown with custom embossed BOLDR logo
- Dial and Hands: Matte dial with 3D swiss indexes and custom hands, both with Superlume
- Lens: Double dome sapphire crystal with AR-coating
- Case Back: Single screw caseback with embossed limited edition designer artwork
- Strap: Top-grain premium italian leather OR polyurethane dive strap