Ok, theÂ only thing that’s really plain on this watch is the dial, and why yes, they did that on purpose. So, though I answered my own question, we do have a little more to talk about. Â I really like theÂ lineÂ of Limes Endurance dive watches(which I talked aboutÂ here).Â This new model, the Limes Endurance PD kind of threw me off a bit at first. So what is the difference between the Limes Endurance and the Limes Endurance PD?Â They are exactly the same – except for theÂ PD(plain dial).
There is nothing plain about the watches themselves.Â They are nicely polished and well-made.Â TheÂ Limes Endurance PDÂ is exactly same as the Limes Endurance model, just with no text on the dial. Case is 41.5mm wide and 13mm thick.Â Water resistance is 30atm or approx. 1000ft.Â Limes decided to come out with this Plain Dial model to appeal to those wanting easy and fast reading of the time without any distraction.Â When you glance at this watch all you will see are the hour markers, date, and hands. Since its a simple three-hander there is no added clutter on the dial.
I really don’t see a real function in removing all the text from the dial aside from the aesthetic appeal a sterile dial has to some.Â As a diver, a watch is only a very last resort backup for my dive computer.Â There is no situation where that little bit of text is going to be an issue telling time when I am diving.Â As far as appealing to those that want an ultra clean dial, this works fine.Â The Limes Endurance PD is a great looking watch and a fully capable dive watch.Â Prices on the Limes Endurance PD are the same as the printed dial Limes Endurance for $1024 with leather strap and $1130 with stainless steel bracelet.Â You can check them out at limes-watches.com.
- Brand & Model: Limes Endurance PD
- Price:Â $1024 (â‚¬960 incl. VAT) on leather, or $1130Â (â‚¬1060 incl. VAT) on the steel bracelet
- Who we think it might be for: Divers and desk divers that like simplistic functional dials.
- Would I buy one for myself based on what Iâ€™ve seen?: Not for me, too simple.
- If I could make one design suggestion, it would be: Fine the way it is.
- What spoke to me the most about this watch: The watch as a whole. Nicely made and well polished.
Tech Specs from Limes
- Movement: Swiss automatic movement Sellita SW 200-1
- Watch case: ICKLER diverâ€™s case, waterresistant to 100 ATM, diameter 41,5mm, thickness 13mm, stainless steel, brushed and polished finish, sapphire crystal with A/R coating, unidirectional rotating bezel (120 clicks) with 60 min. scale and luminous point, solid screw down case back, screw down crown with I-logo, screw bars
- Dial: Black or Blue with large luminous indices and no text
- Hands: Luminous hands
- Band: Black rubberized leather strap or stainless steel bracelet.