In case you were not aware of it, Tissot was the official watch of the NBA this past year (and for the foreseeable future). Â This took the form of new shot clocks, and a handful of team-specific watches. Â Now, in conjunction with the Cleveland Cavaliers winning the championship, theyâ€™ve got a new watch available for the Cavs superfan – theÂ Tissot PRS 516 NBA Championship Watch 2016.
Yeah, thatâ€™s a mouthful. Â So, instead of referring to it as theÂ Tissot PRS 516 NBA Championship Watch 2016, howâ€™s about we just call itÂ theÂ Cavs PRS 516? Â Yeah, thatâ€™ll do. Â For the specific changes for the championship, itâ€™s really just the caseback, which features the Larry Oâ€™Brien trophy on the back. Â Up front, the rose gold (PVD coated) steelÂ case is topped with a ceramic bezel (canâ€™t go wrong with that).
You can get your ownÂ Cavs PRS 516 (well, if you move fast enough, as only 100 will be available) for $795. Â Not too bad a price for a limited-edition championship watch, but it is a $100 premium over the regular PRS 516. Â So, if you arenâ€™t really a basketball fan, you might want to check out one of the others out there. Â ForÂ youÂ superfans, though, head on over to theÂ Quicken Loans Arena orÂ www.cavaliersteamshop.comÂ to get yours. Â Act now – operators are not standing by! Â tissotwatches.com
- Brand & Model: Â Tissot PRS 516 NBA Championship Watch 2016
- Price: $795
- Who we think it might be for: Youâ€™re the Cleveland Cavaliersâ€™ #1 fan
- Would I buy one for myself based on what Iâ€™ve seen?: Nope – not much for b-ball these days. Â Perhaps if it was a Pistons championshipâ€¦
- If I could make one design suggestion, it would be: How about the team logo on the dial somewhere?
- What spoke to me the most about this watch: How that ceramic dial really tones down the overall â€œgoldnessâ€ of the watch
Tech Specs from Tissot
- Case: Â 42mm, 316L stainless steel with rose gold PVD coating; 12.2mm thick
- Crystal: Â sapphire, AR coated
- Bezel: Â ceramic
- Movement: Â ETA G10.212
- WR: Â 100m