Anyone who thinks that watches for adults have to be boring has never browsed the Mr Jones Watches web site.Â We cover them here from time to time because they are design driven watch company that puts out products you are not going to find on your cubicle neighbor’s wrist (probably).Â The Mr Jones Watches Sun and Moon Miyamoto pays homage to the man behind the Nintendo Super Mario games, as well as the games themselves.Much like the Motochrono that Patrick reviewed, and other watches from the brand, the hour hand is a rotating disk that shows daytime or night time hours with a sun or moon traveling from 6 am to 6 pm, like a 24 hour hand on a GMT.Â The inner two hands show minutes and seconds.Â The movement is a Ronda 515-24H quartz and the watch is housed in a 37mm stainless steel case on a navy and grey leather strap with pink stitching.
Like many of the Mr Jones Watches, this is a limited edition, numbered to 100.Â The watch is popular, and (as of this writing), there are 15 serial numbers left to choose from.Â The US price is around $220 (depending on exchange rates) and are made and ship out of London.Â It certainly is a playful watch, and at 37mm it is a good option for a graduation gift perhaps.Â mrjoneswatches.com
- Brand & Model: Mr Jones Watches Sun and Moon Miyamoto
- Price: approx. $220 USD
- Who we think it might be for: Fans of Super Mario games.
- Would I buy one for myself based on what Iâ€™ve seen?: I am too old to have grown up with this game, so it does not have a lot of resonance with me.
- If I could make one design suggestion, it would be: A retrograde movement where the sun moves counterclockwise would be great for watch like this.
- What spoke to me the most about this watch: It is fun.
Tech Specs from Mr Jones Watches
- Movement: Ronda 515-24H quartz
- Functions: 24 hour hour hand.
- Case: Stainless steel.
- Glass: Not specified
- Water resistance: 5 ATM
- Lug width: Not specified
- Straps:Â Navy and grey leather strap with pink stitching.
- Diameter: 37 mm
- Case Height: Not specified